Windsor, United States
3 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manual Machinist in East Granby
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Manual Mill/Lathe Machinist.
To machine parts according to drawing specifications with minimal supervision. Help drive shop productivity and profitability by working closely with shop team and leadman to continually increase efficiency and make improvements in the workplace.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Have the ability to hold tight tolerances.
- Set up and efficiently operate manual mills and lathes with minimal to no supervision.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and follow instructions and procedures closely while offering suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, and depth and angle of cut.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications.
- Ability to effectively communicate with engineers, production personnel, or others to resolve machining problems.
- Ability to work in a versatile environment.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices on machines and in work area. Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations.
- Must have an understanding of GD&T and shop math.
- Must be able to read and interpret complex drawings, follow routers, and use basic hand-held gages and measuring tools to meet tolerance requirements.
Some clients require proof that temporary associates have received all required doses of the COVID-19 vaccine by their first date of employment, unless a reasonable accommodation recognized by law is approved. To request an accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note 2+ years’ experience is required for this position at this time.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: East Granby, CT
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Benefits: Yes
- Shift: 1st and 2nd shift open
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.