Lighthouse Professional Services is a 50-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a CNC Horizontal Setup & Operate Machinist to work for a company In Monroe CT.
Basic Function of the Job:
Set up and operate multiple CNC machining centers per work instructions. Assist other CNC machinists in assigned area with day-to-day production. Set up and run new CNC programs and fixturing. Identify and recommend improvements to new and existing programs, documentation, fixturing and processes. Modify CNC programs if necessary to complete assigned tasks. Run production lots and maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment. Communicate with previous and following shifts to optimize Quality, Safety and Efficiency.
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Related experience in precision job shop environment
- Minimum 5 years experience as CNC Milling Machinist
- Experience with precision measurement methods and systems
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings and process procedures
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and procedures closely while offering suggestions for continuous improvement
- Experience with networked PC based computer system (spreadsheets, Email, MRP systems)
- Good manual dexterity
- Ability to work independently
- Must have good command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Math skills: Shop Math, Trigonometry, Geometry
- Must be able to read and interpret drawings, follow routers, and use basic hand held measuring tools
- Duration: Direct Hire.
- Location: Monroe, CT.
- Shifts: all shifts open 1st, 2nd, 3rd.
- Salary: $22-$28hr.