Thomaston, United States
about 2 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a CNC Programmer in Thomaston, CT. As a CNC Programmer, your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- This position requires programming using CAD CAM software, in maintaining 5 Axis Machining Centers and will directly report to the Machine Shop Supervisor.
- Programming, set up and operate CNC Milling:Review of specifications, verify procedures and accuracy
- Ability to read blueprints/drawings with ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- Maximizing machine uptime, efficiency, and quality to exceed goal of 90% OEE
- Develop and maintain tool data sheets
- CNC programming on Fanuc and Siemens controls
- Designing and manufacturing modular work holdings and fixtures
- Develop digital SOP/SWI within Celos
- New part process planning
- Update setup documentation
- Maintaining of equipment including:
- Reporting of necessary repairs
- Trouble shooting
- Tooling and Fixtures
- Ability to work with a variety of materials primarily nodular iron with a 10 mix of steel, stainless steel, and aluminum.
- Machining operations including facing, grinding, turning, boring, threading, drilling, and reaming
- Fixturing castings and large work pieces in a high mix, low volume environment
- Perform other duties as assigned by Machine Shop Supervisor.
- Job requires standing - some of the work can be done while seated. Since overhead cranes are available in all work areas, Technicians are not required to lift more than 50 pounds.
- Keeps work area clean and free of scrap materials.
- Wears and complies with all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) applicable to work area, including but not limited to eye protection and safety shoes.
- Follows all safety rules applicable to machine as stated on posted signs and in Company policy.
- Must be U.S. Citizen due to our government contracts
- High School Degree
- CNC Programming certification
- Experience with inspection and metrology tools including micrometers, calipers, optical comparators
- 5 years expert programming experience of 5 Axis Machining Centers using CAD CAM software – MasterCAM experience preferred
- Knowledge of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerances per ASME Y14.5
- Ability to work tolerances to +/- .0001”
- CMM Programming experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of ISO 9001:2008
- Lean Experience
- Expert user of CAD and 3D Modeling software – Solidworks preferred
- Vertical and Horizontal Machining
Duration: Direct Hire Permanent
Location: Thomaston, CT.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume, salary expectations, and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com