7 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a CNC Programmer in Newington, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) CNC Programmer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Develop, implement, and troubleshoot CNC program designs. Provide technical expertise in collaboration with functions across the organization to achieve project goals. Work closely with production to solve problems. Use strong analytical design and project management skills along with product expertise to meet customer requirements.
Essential Functions and Duties:
- Prepare computer programs to control CNC machine operations using CAD/CAM terminal.
- Prepare flow charts, documents and sequence logic and write complete sequence of machine operations necessary to complete cycle.
- Analyze engineering drawings for materials, process fabrication and design elements.
- Specify patterns on programming sheet for way part is to be machined.
- Assure program meets target cycle time and program generates geometry to customer requirements.
- Select appropriate cutting tools, speeds and feeds, tool path application necessary to perform the operation.
- Assist in the concept design of required tools and gages, support changes to existing tools and fixture as improvements are identified.
- Support lean activities both within the Engineering group and across the organization.
Complexity of Tasks:
- Requires strong verbal and written communication skills along with advanced interpersonal skills. Strong project management skills are essential. Must be able to collaborate with other departments and functions in achieving project goals. Use available resources to
- support customer needs and expectations on both a national and international level.
- Ability to program in appropriate programming language using either a CAD/CAM terminal and/or manually generated.
- 3D modeling sketcher, assemblies, lathe, and drafting capability in Siemens PLM (NX 8.5) or later version, and Mastercam.
- Full multi-axis (5+) or partial (3+2) and general CNC machining/programming experience with lathes, milling machines, and mill/turns. Grinding experience preferred.
- CG Tech Vericut experience required.
- Part probing (Renishaw) experience. Not required but preferred.
- Knowledge of Fanuc and Siemens 840D controls preferred but not required.
- In depth knowledge of cutting Titanium’s, Inconel’s, Steels and Aluminum.
- Must be able to select proper cutting tool and holders without assistance.
- Apply proper speeds and feeds based on cutting conditions and workpiece materials.
- Knowledge of Sandvik Capto systems a plus.
- Capable of debugging programs and working closely with shop floor and inspection personnel.
- Some tool design experience preferred.
- Proper application and knowledge of various cutting tools and holders to efficiently complete program operations.
- Must be a team player and have the ability to work closely in a shop environment.
- Seek ideas for continuous improvement; suggest and encourages innovative ideas to improve current systems and processes.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office application software to include Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
- Must work safely at all times. Participate in safety improvement initiatives by raising any safety concerns and helping to come up with corrective actions.
- May be assigned to carry out tasks, not specifically listed, within the scope and skill level of this job description in support of department or cell objectives and to develop individuals’ skills.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline preferred and/or equivalent experience.
- Ten or more years direct experience in multi-axis programming of Aerospace machining operations and materials
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Newington, CT.
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com