Rochester, United States
about 2 years ago
- Develop programs and work with engineering to develop fixturing and tooling.
- Setup machines for jobs with 1st piece inspection.
- Help train and mentor new machinist and machine operators.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, and establishing personal networks; apply technical knowledge to improve processes.
- Continually improve daily work and practices in terms of quality and quantity.
- Coordinate programming priority to support the shop schedules.
- Communicate process and product developments across business units.
- Work with Product Development Engineers and sales department to provide estimates of programming time and manufacturing time for new jobs.
- Upkeep of records and paperwork.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- 5+ years’ experience in an machine shop or manufacturing environment, required.
- 5+ years’ experience using CAM software required, CAMworks preferred.
- Strong math and trigonometry skills.
- Six Sigma experience preferred.
- Ability to read prints, understanding of ASME Y14.5M Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing, and familiarization of inspection equipment and gauges.
- Ability to present technical information effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Moderate physical activity requiring agility and manual dexterity, including walking, standing, or bending as well as lifting or moving objects.
- Requires occasional lifting and carrying of 25 lbs. or more and standing for extended periods of time.