Mendota Heights, United States
11 months ago
Looking for an exciting opportunity? Let Lighthouse Professional Services help you find a great fit! Our client in Mendota Heights, MN is seeking a Core Solution Designer
Core Solution Designer
As a leading provider of complex administration and payments solutions we have a track record of enabling our clients to improve the effectiveness and performance of their businesses through the critical thinking, expertise, technology, complex administration and payment services we provide.
Our services are delivered by over 5,000 employees worldwide. This enables us to offer solutions that are flexible, adaptable and scalable. We process £160 billion in payments every year. Our services benefit 30 million people worldwide.
Our mission is making complex things simple and we are always looking for talented people to help make that happen and underpin our continued growth.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an expanding and dynamic software delivery team within the Shared IT department focusing on its core global platforms. The team has locations in the US (Minneapolis), UK (Worthing), Poland (Krakow) and India (Chennai) to enable an end to end Software Delivery Lifecycle.
This role is based in Mendota Heights (Minneapolis), however, project work may require occasional short visits to other sites globally.
The core activities of the Solution Design team are:
- Interpret and support the elaboration of business requirements
- Devise and design software solutions to then:
- Work within IT to agree and estimate the delivery costs for the proposed solution
- Work with Business and external stakeholders to agree the proposed solution
- Act as the IT solution subject matter expert during all phases of the solutions delivery
This role is focused on the delivery of software solutions across all of the organization’s internal and web facing systems to support our growing portfolio of work. Working as part of wider delivery/project team you will be responsible for understanding business requirements and then estimating and shaping software solutions to deliver them. Your background should include experience of working with high volume ecommerce and/or highly transactional financial services applications and sites. As part of a multi skilled delivery team you will be expected to contribute across all areas of delivery and have a desire to learn new skills to support this. This is an exciting and challenging role for someone to develop their skills interpreting both functional and non-functional requirements to design software solutions and support their delivery throughout the delivery lifecycle.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Analyse business requirements and work with business areas to ensure they are complete and detailed; asking clarifying questions to ensure all requirements have been established and investigated
- Lead workshops with Business Analysts and Stakeholders to translate business requirements into proposed solutions
- Engage with a variety of stakeholders at varying levels to ensure that all aspects of the solution are fully considered and agreed
- Provide estimates for the delivery of proposed solutions
- Provide detailed solution design artefacts to support the build and test delivery phases.
- Support IT Development and Testing teams with clarifications, data queries and triage of issues
- Work on multiple projects at various stages of delivery
- Use a variety of tools and techniques to tailor designs for internal and external users
- Ensure requests for change are impact assessed and tracked to support Project Change Control
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviors:
- Excellent stakeholder management skills: able to “draw out” the requirements of others and identify areas that may have not been previously considered
- Capable of creating a highly compelling and accurate program of requirements that consider all stakeholders
- Proven track record of producing accurate and pragmatic estimates for all stages of work
- Ability to identify, escalate and manage risks, issues and actions
- Driven to update your skills, awareness and understanding of developments in the wider commercial world and capable of bringing relevant ideas “to the table”
- Knowledge of and experience in using Object Orientated Analysis and Design and the Unified Modelling Language
- Experience of working within a software delivery lifecycle as part of multiple project teams
- Experience in the financial sector preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of/experience in ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library)
- Awareness of IT Data Security standards
- Experienced in using source control and bug tracking tools
- Knowledge of/experience in working to different software delivery models
- Experience in SQL Server and high level database design preferred but not essential
- Knowledge of/experience in enterprise development technologies and tools