Winston Salem, United States
9 months ago
- Review circuits and problems
- Analyze customer needs and provide a proposed solution
- Understand the business side of new product development
- Estimate per unit costs, evaluate project development costs, and negotiate pricing
- Analyze customer systems, understanding their problems, and coming up with integration solutions that map well to company's technology.
The real difference between this role and a traditional design engineer role is that this person will stop working on the project once the architecture is completed. This person will get to see a lot of projects, learn about them, and help architect them for chip integration but then hand them over to design engineering.
- Analog / Mixed-Signal IC or System-Level design or applications support
- Able and motivated to travel up to 25% of the time
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good at answering questions "on-the-fly" in front of customers
- Good presentation skills – PowerPoint, Web Meetings
- BS in Electrical Engineering