East Hartford, United States
6 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Customer Service Manager in East Hartford, CT
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Customer Service Manager your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The Customer Service Manager will be responsible for managing the business goals and objectives for the Company. The incumbent must be a strong leader who has demonstrated proficiency in building team culture and aligning business goals and objectives in a challenging and dynamic business environment. Must have prior experience in contract management, customer service, pricing, and export compliance for both aerospace commercial and government contracts.
- Ownership of full-life cycle customer service operations, including but not limited to: contract review, new order entry, contract administration, contract negotiation, and RFQ/Quoting/Proposal activity.
- Develop the skillsets and competencies of team members to achieve business goals and objectives for sustainable growth.
- Lead contract interpretation, discussion, and drafting and negotiation activity for all opportunities both new and legacy.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and quarterly reports for Senior Leadership Team and segment initiatives as required including orders and sales forecasting, quote activity and approvals, negotiation progress, etc.
- Generate and maintain customer satisfaction metrics for all locations.
- Review POs, contracts, LTA (long term agreement) documents for new orders and issue discrepancy letters to customers for any items on PO’s not meeting quote or agreement.
- Disseminate contract requirements, deliverables, and terms and conditions to functional areas.
- Oversee the review and analysis of daily activities including but not limited to: customer schedule changes to understand impact to sales plan and operations; coordinate and submit any pricing changes required by customer changes.
- Oversee initiatives to meet all federal statutory and regulatory requirements and policies regarding export compliance and federal acquisitions.
- Serve as Export Compliance Administrator (DECA). Administer all export activity (both Defense and Commercial) to include training, shipping, contract review, license and agreement preparation and submittal. Ensure that any export compliance issues are addressed during the quoting process to customers
- Coordinate with Senior Leadership, Management, and operations personnel on the execution of monthly sales plan and its impact on customer requirements
- Own backlog validity and integrity in compliance. with SEC policy and guidelines. Conduct analysis of backlog to ensure that configuration changes are handled timely and accurately to reflect the actual backlog
- Compile data to capture outstanding monies from customers when termination occurs.
- B.S. degree in related business or technical discipline. Master’s preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience is a must with team-oriented leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience in contract management and negotiation related positions, preferably in an Aerospace environment
- Contracts experience with commercial, international, and direct and indirect government contracts.
- Demonstrated industry knowledge and understanding of FAR, DFARS.
- Strong analytical ability with excellent attention to detail, follow-up, and organizational skills.
- Impeccable integrity; superior communication and interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Familiarity of lean process management to further continuous improvement within the department.
- Understanding of bid and contract language and standard procedures.
- Travel up to 25%
- Duration: Permanent
- Location: East Hartford, CT.
- Salary: depending on experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.