depends on experience
almost 3 years ago
Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Accounting & Finance and Clerical.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people
We are currently seeking a Design and Analysis Engineer to work for one of our clients in Bloomfield, CT on a direct hire basis.
The Design and Analysis Engineer will assist in the development of new Jake Brakes with primary application on heavy duty diesel engines. In this role, the candidate will interface mostly with Product Development Managers and Engineers to design, develop and maintain brake valve train related hardware.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop brake valve train components and systems from concept to production.
- Create components and systems models using Creo/Parametric.
- Perform brake valve train component and systems structural analysis, utilize FEA as a design tool for optimization and ensuring product robustness.
- Perform brake valve train dynamic, hydraulic, lubrication and cam kinematics analysis to support the development of engine braking and other valve-train systems.
- Design cam profile; evaluate cam profiles meeting constraints of manufacturing, cam-follow, hydraulic dynamics, and Hertz stress.
- Design test system to validate hardware meeting design specification, fatigue and durability targets.
- Develop, improve, and critique engineering standards and work instructions.
- Document design and analytical models, design parameters, and simulation results.
- Present design and analytical results in internal and customer design reviews.
- Problem solving and root cause analysis for test hardware failures.
- Utilize proper Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T) for manufacturability and gauging.
- Collaborate with the Project Engineer to complete Design Failure Mode Effects Analysis (DFMEA).
- Employ proper Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFM/DFA).
- Broad knowledge of diesel engine related combustion, air handling, fuel, power cylinder, lubrication, cooling and after treatment systems.
- Background with the design and development of components and/or systems for internal combustion engines, ideally valve train components for heavy-duty Diesel engines.
- Proficiency in using CAD and other related engineering software packages (Creo/Parametric, Creo /Simulate, ANSYS, Matlab/Simulink, and/or GT-Suite desirable)
- Effective presentation skills and ability to communicate clearly, written and orally, with other company personnel and customers.
- Effective research, data collection and statistical analysis skills.
- Effective failure analysis skills and knowledge of preventive tools & processes (FMEA, DVP&R, 8D, 6Sigma).
- Strong organizational skills and a sense of urgency.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering with 4+ years' experience design and developing machined products and/or parts.
- Master's Degree in Engineering a plus.
- Experience in automotive industry highly preferred.
- 1st shift
- Direct hire with benefits
- Salary range up to $100K
Lighthouse Professional Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.