Danbury, United States
2 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a 1st shift Distillation / Production Technician in Danbury, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) 1st shift Distillation/ Production Technician your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: This function conducts processing operations related to purification of organic chemicals using distillation techniques and related support systems. This involves a range of activities including:
- Sets up and adjusts distillation equipment. May operate heating, cooling, vacuum, and pressure systems.
- Cleans, maintains, and sets up distillation stills and equipment for product processing.
- Transports, weighs, pours, blends, mixes, pumps, and packs chemical materials with attention to regulatory requirements and safety regulations. Follows adulteration control standards.
- Operates dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment.
- Monitors of process parameters to ensure product quality, yields and lot consistency.
- Maintains department database, prepares routine reports, and files shipping/receiving records.
- Ensures proper care, safety, maintenance and usage of technology, equipment, and/or systems.
- Maintains all necessary production, safety, inventory, training, and other records and/or logs as required, in written and /or computer format.
- May lock warehouse and set alarms.
- May use analytical equipment for assessing quality of distillation cuts and final products.
- Complies with all BRI environmental and safety policies and procedures.
- Receives and carries out instructions on specific assignment objectives.
- Performs related work as assigned.
High school diploma or GED required. Associates Degree in Chemistry or related field is preferred.
- Knowledge of light equipment operation and/or maintenance.
- Knowledge of the principles and techniques of distillation.
- Ability to use interchangeably Metric and Imperial standards of weights and measures.
- Knowledge of piping and valve operations to control processes.
- Skill in the operation of distillation and support equipment.
- Ability to prepare routine paperwork, record data and file as required. Computer data entry.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Danbury, CT
- Salary: depending on experience
Benefits: a competitive compensation and benefit package including medical, dental, Bonus program, profit sharing and 401k
- Shift: 1st shift
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.