Hampton, United States
6 months ago
EDM Operator Programmer
Seeking a skilled EDM (Electrical Discharge Machining) Operator-Programmer for the toolroom. This individual will work in a clean toolroom environment to fabricate tight tolerance machine components. Will work closely with engineers, toolmakers and machinists to generate fully functional tooling and support the development and debugging of tooling in the build and support of custom designed in-house automated production equipment. Will also be in charge of all aspects of the EDM department including machine operation, programming, service and repair.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Must be proficient in the use of both wire and plunge EDM. Will work extensively with the toolmakers to provide tight tolerance components in the build of in-house automated production equipment.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Machine operation
- Wire EDM- Agie Vertex (fine wire EDM) and AC Progress VP 2
- Plunge EDM - Agie
- Hole Popping
- Machine programming- Opticam PEPS software
- Managing and ordering consumables for the department
- Performing machine service and repair
- Working with engineers and toolmakers to determine the approach in order to achieve the most accurate work product.
- Provide direction to Engineers and toolmakers for departmental capabilities and required fixturing for accurate parts
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
The ideal candidate will have a trade school education with a 5+ years of experience in EDM operation and programming. Machine shop experience, both manual and CNC with milling machines, lathes and surface grinders is necessary. Toolmaking or mold making experience is a definite plus.