Bethel, United States
almost 3 years ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking 2nd and 3rd shift EDM Technician and operators in Bethel, CT.
The Technician working in this position will be directly responsible for the setup, changeover, maintenance, programming and general advancement of the wire EDM cell. It requires the practical application of good manufacturing practices and organizational skills. The ideal candidate possesses strong CNC wire EDM skills, prior supervisory experience and an aptitude for hands-on problem solving.
- Setup and changeover production / development wire EDM jobs
- Perform preventative and / or emergency maintenance within the wire EDM cell
- Learn how to program new wire EDM jobs and optimize / modify existing ones as necessary
- Suggest / implement enhancements to the cell to reduce cycle / lead times and costs
- Troubleshoot program and equipment issues
- Generate work instructions and visual aids as required
- Work with logistics to schedule wire EDM jobs
- Report cell efficiency / throughput
- Work with other departments as needed to setup and troubleshoot various pieces of equipment during resources shortages
- Interact with Engineering, Operations, Quality, Logistics and HR as required
Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: OSHA, FDA).
- Minimum 2 year technical degree/ Equivalent trade school experience will be considered
- 5 year minimum wire EDM experience (operation, programming, troubleshooting, setup)
- Past experience with Mitsubishi wire EDM systems is a plus
- Experience working in ISO-9001/13485 would be helpful
- Must be fluent / literate in English and have the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from management.
Duration: contract temp to hire.
Location: Bethel, CT.
Salary: depending on experience.
Shifts 2nd 12% shift differential and 3rd shift 15% Shift Differential
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.