Newburyport, United States
9 months ago
- MAIN ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Provide technical information regarding products and standards to customers and client personnel.
- Initiates and completes testing programs for both our client and competitive product.
- Expands and improves product Application information for use internally and externally.
- Support on-going released product for design improvements, cost reductions, and issue resolution.
- Design, support, and assist the development of machine control systems as needed.
- Responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software.
- Plans preventative maintenance on prototype and production tooling control systems.
- Work with EV Global manufacturing plants to detect problems and implement solutions.
- Manage relationships with vendors for external control system builds.
- Effectively document all production processes and provide comprehensive manuals.
- POSITION REQUIREMENTS (KNOWLEDGE, COMPETENCIES AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor of Science, EE/EET, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a related technical field.
- Excellent communicator of technical topics and subjects to a technical and non-technical audience.
- High degree of learning agility to stay abreast of new products, technology, and applications.
- Highly innovative, out of the box thinker capable of translating field learning to new product ideas.
- Experience with control systems design software (LabView, MATLAB, etc.)
- NEC/CEC knowledge and exhibited experience in building electrical systems and design is a plus.
- Experience in the field of electrical protection (fuses, breakers, relays, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to work with Standards (UL, CSA, IEC, IEEE, ISO, etc.)
- Experience in performing load calculations, short-circuit, and coordination studies.
- Knowledge of power generation and distribution systems is a plus
- Learning agility to stay abreast of new products, technology, and applications.
- Ability to communicate technical topics and subjects to a technical and non-technical audience including presentation to peers and customers.
- Creative, hands-on individual
- Ability to work in various lab environments (high voltage, low voltage, environmental)
- Experience with working directly with customers to help identify potential product solutions to meet application needs.
- Ability and willingness to travel to manufacturing plants and customer facilities globally. Frequency of travel may increase prior to and when launching new products.