Electrical Controls Engineer
Tewksbury, United States
almost 2 years ago
• Specifying, testing, and documenting electrical assemblies that provide motion control, camera control, temperature control, and other controls as needed by the product.
• Perform simple control circuit designs when needed.
• Specifying, designing, and debugging AC/DC power distribution topologies, compliant with standard safety protection concepts regarding fusing, ampacity and voltage ratings, etc.
• Motion control includes tuning, programming and debugging of servos.
• Hands-on troubleshooting of electro-mechanical subsystems such as linear and rotary stages, encoders, limit switches, etc.
• Troubleshooting issues with existing installed systems in the field.
• Collaborating with engineering teams for new product and feature development.
• Providing production and field service support by directly interacting with team members.
• Writing technical documentation, procedures and application notes that meet the quality standards for manufacturing and service as required.
Experience and Qualifications
• B.S. in Electrical Engineering, Electronics or equivalent.
• 5-10 years’ experience designing and debugging various electrical control systems, preferably within a capital equipment environment.
• Knowledgeable regarding industrial equipment network and device communication protocols.