For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Senior Electrical Engineer in Trumbull, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Senior Electrical Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Senior Electrical Engineer
R&D is currently seeking a dynamic Senior Electrical Project Engineer to join our Sustaining Engineering team based in Trumbull, CT. The right candidate will be excited to provide electrical and electromechanical design support to existing and in-development products, be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and derive satisfaction from knowing that their efforts ultimately lead to improved quality of life for our patients.
The Senior Engineer is the primary technical resource on a product development or sustaining engineering team and performs their duties with minimal supervision. The position is responsible for providing technical leadership to the development team that includes design, development, testing, troubleshooting, technical documentation, transfer to manufacturing and conformance to all relevant regulations.
- Designs, prototypes, tests and develops components, sub-assemblies, systems and full products of up to moderate complexity.
- Creates test protocols, runs experiments and writes test reports.
- Completes product documentation of moderate to high complexity.
- Analyzes moderate to high complexity engineering problems, defines problem, recommends and implements solutions.
- Support ongoing production, provide triage and troubleshooting.
- May lead projects of limited complexity.
- May lead technicians.
- Proficient with circuit design, development and debugging tools (Altium, SPICE, Xilinx/ISE Design Tools, etc.), circuit analysis, digital and analog circuitry, FMEA, engineering drawings and documentation.
- Design, fabrication and testing proficiency with common electrical, electronic and electromechanical components.
- Mechanical proficiency preferred.
- Programming and software development experience a plus.
- Experience with root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action procedures.
- Proficiency inventing, innovating and launching products.
- Proficiency with analysis and problem solving.
- Proficiency with design of experiments, protocol and model development, testing and documentation.
- Experience with lab testing and fabrication equipment (force gauges & test stands w/data acquisition, oscilloscopes and function generators, 3d printers, etc.)
- Proficiency interacting with all functions within a business.
- Proficiency in clinical and pre-clinical settings.
- Ability to utilize common office and web-based software (email, spreadsheets, word processing, presentations) effectively.
- Ability to present technical materials to non-technical personnel up to 2 levels higher effectively.
- Knowledgeable of and work within FDA, MDD, ISO, CSI and other relevant standards.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 10+ years industry experience, Master's degree in engineering management or business with 8+ years industry experience, PhD with 3+ years industry experience.
- Thorough understanding of medical device manufacturing, especially as it relates to FDA (cGMP) manufacturing requirements.
- Proficient in designing circuits, development, debugging
- Launch projects
- Have medical or aerospace background
- Used test equipment (Cila scope)
- Has worked with voltage below 12
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Trumbull, CT.
- Salary: 125-138K
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.