Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 14 offices, in which 6 of them are here in CT. and 5 in Mass. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to work for a client in Trumbull, CT.
R&D is currently seeking a dynamic Electrical Project Engineer II to join the Sustaining
Engineering team based in Trumbull, CT. The right candidate will be excited to provide electrical
and electromechanical design support to existing and in-development products, be comfortable
in a fast-paced environment, and derive satisfaction from knowing that his or her efforts
ultimately lead to improved quality of life for our patients.
The Engineer II is the technical resource on a product development or sustaining
engineering team and performs his/her duties under the guidance of more experienced
engineers. The position is responsible for ensuring that project objectives are met
accurately and on time. Responsibilities include design, development, testing,
troubleshooting, technical documentation, transfer to manufacturing and support of
manufacturing, and conformance to all relevant regulations.
- Designs, prototypes, tests and develops components, sub-assemblies and systems of
low to moderate complexity.
- Creates test protocols, runs experiments and writes test reports.
- Completes product documentation of moderate complexity.
- Analyzes low to moderate complexity engineering problems, defines problem,
recommends and implements solutions.
- Support ongoing production, provide triage and troubleshooting.
- May lead projects of limited complexity.
- May lead technicians.
- Familiarity and experience with circuit design, development and debugging tools, circuit
analysis, digital and analog circuitry, engineering drawings and documentation.
- Design, fabrication and testing proficiency with common electrical, electronic and
- Mechanical proficiency preferred.
- Programming and software development experience a plus.
- Experience with root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action procedures.
- Experience inventing, innovating and launching products.
- Proficiency with analysis and problem solving.
- Proficiency with design of experiments, protocol and model development, testing and
- Experience interacting with all functions within a business.
- Experience in clinical and pre-clinical settings.
- Ability to utilize common office and web-based software (email, spreadsheets, word
processing, presentations) effectively.
- Ability to utilize electrical design software (Altium, SPICE, Xilinx/ISE Design Tools, etc.)
- Ability to present technical materials to non-technical personnel up to 2 levels higher
- Knowledgeable of and work within FDA, MDD, ISO, CSI and other relevant standards.
- Ability to use lab testing and fabrication equipment (force gauges & test stands w/data
acquisition, oscilloscopes and function generators, 3d printers, etc.)
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 2+ years industry experience, Master's degree in
engineering management or business with 0+ years industry experience.
- Thorough understanding of medical device manufacturing, especially as it relates to FDA
(cGMP) and EU MDD manufacturing requirements.
- Passing a background check, which may include verification of prior employment,
criminal conviction, educational and driving records.
Location: Trumbull, CT.
Salary: Depending on Experience
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!