North Haven, United States
about 2 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Electrical Engineer in North Haven, CT.
As a (an) Electrical Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
responsible for all electronic circuit design for products and managing designated product development projects.
Design electronic circuitry for new products and updates existing hardware as product improvements are identified.
- Generate and maintain schematics and bill of materials.
- Coordinate design of printed circuit boards.
- Manage assigned new product development projects in conjunction with the Engineering Manager.
- Interface with software engineering, mechanical engineering, and manufacturing to ensure electronic designs and updates are manufacturable.
- Assist in defining new product specifications in conjunction with sales, marketing, and engineering. This may include researching applications and competitive offerings and interfacing with customers.
- Provides all documentation required by UL for new or updated product investigations.
- Interface with and manage outside design resources as necessary.
- Assist in developing test protocol for new electronic products.
- Familiarity with software tools such as Altium Designer or Orcad (preferred), Schematic Capture, Numerical cloud, MPLAB,
- Maintain equipment and work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Perform other similar or related duties as required or directed.
Knowledge and Skills
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to think quickly and offer alternative solutions.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and complete projects on time.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to articulate technical concepts and to work effectively with people at all levels, both inside and outside the company.
- General knowledge of the regulatory and certification process including Underwriters and Canadian Standards.
Bachelor’s Degree (BS) in Electrical Engineering; three years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of electromagnetic interference (EMI) and radio frequency interference (RFI) noise interference.
- Knowledge of surge protection of electronic circuits.
- Experience with digital logic/MCU design (Microchip and STmicro)
- Experience with analog circuit design
- Experience with test equipment (oscilloscopes, analyzers, etc)
- Knowledge of embedded software programming.
Duration: Direct Hire Permanent
Location: North Haven, CT.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org