Nashua, United States
about 2 years ago
This position is primarily responsible for programming ladder logic on Allen Bradley programmable logic controllers (PLC) and Allen Bradley human machine interface (HMI). This position will also be implementing their electrical safety standards. This role reports to the VP of Operations.
- Design machines to appropriate safety standards.
- Design electrical equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial, industrial, and domestic purposes.
- Design and fabricate control apparatus and equipment, and determine methods, procedures, and conditions for testing products.
- Develop applications of controls, instruments, and systems for new commercial, domestic, and industrial uses.
- Working knowledge of pneumatic components (valves, actuators)
- Major brand: SMC
- Ability to read, understand and create electrical schematics using CAD program
- Control system and machine design using AC & DC circuits, Low & High voltage, Analog & Digital I/O.
- Control panel design, layout, fabrication and wiring.
- Integrate safety and safety components into designs.
- Major brand: Banner Engineering
- Generate suggestions for improving work; Developing innovative approaches and ideas.
- Other duties may be assigned by Supervisor
Bachelor’s degree in related field with 3+ years of experience.
Experience in a Manufacturing setting preferred.
Familiarity with various types of sensors (pressure, proximity, photoelectric, conductivity, etc.) setup, operation and troubleshooting
- Major brands: SMC, ifm Efector
- Ability to understand, troubleshoot and design AC and DC circuits and systems
- Understanding of 3-phase power distribution, circuits and components.
- Working knowledge of 3-phase motors and drives
- Proficient at PLC/PAC and HMI programming with Integrated Motion
- Major brand: Allen-Bradley (MicroLogix, CompactLogix), EZAutomation
- Proficiency with servo motors and drives: design/specify, configure, program and tune.
- Major brands: Allen-Bradley, Teknic
- Familiarity with resistive and infrared electrical heating and related circuits and components
- Knowledge of PID loops and controllers, application, configuration and tuning
- Major brand: Watlow
- Knowledge and application of relays, both electromechanical and solid-state
- Working knowledge of process control concepts and techniques