Shelton, United States
over 1 year ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Electro-Mechanical Technician in Hopkinton, MA
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Electro-Mechanical Technician your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Supports manufacturing and field service activities such as design, test, checkout, modification, fabrication, assembly and repair of prototype electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry or specialized test equipment. Works on assignments that are semi-routine in nature where ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is required. Normally receives general instructions on a routine work, detailed instructions on new assignments.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must be able to work from schematics, diagrams, written, and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
• Must be able to perform operational testing and fault isolation on systems and equipment.
• Must assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions.
• Must be able to use manufacturing test, development or diagnostic equipment including but not limited to such equipment as oscilloscopes, signal generators and specialized test apparatus.
• Must have knowledge of circuit boards, processors, chips, electronic equipment, and computer hardware and software, including applications and programming.
• Must have knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
• Must be able to identify complex problems and review related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
• Must have knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
• Must be able to identify measures or indicators of system performance and the actions needed to improve or correct performance, relative to the goals of the system.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• AA degree or equivalent technician experience, computer literacy and hand tool and/or machine tool experience is preferred.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
• Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations.
• Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
• Must use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
• Must understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
• Must be able to conduct tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
• Must be able to independently troubleshoot to determine causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
2 years manufacturing experience is preferred, this is not a shipping or clean room or inspection based requirement. Focused on machinery, hand tools, assembly, etc. All on 1st shift (8-5pm), should be willing to work OT throughout the week and possibly weekend days. Will begin reviewing resumes asap.
- Duration: 4 month contract.
- Location: Hopkinton, MA
- Salary: MAX PAY $20-24/hr
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.