Wallingford Center, United States
7 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an End Use Specialist in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As End Use Specialist your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: To serve customers, or potential customers of via additive recommendations derived through experience or through TSRs and projects. Maintain effective information exchange with the End-Use Manager. Perform necessary laboratory functions as per the job description. Visit customers on lab projects and support.
- Knowledge of additives especially for Construction Chemicals.
- Construction Chemicals formulation experience
- Sales and business knowledge of Construction Chemicals market.
- Understanding of construction chemicals application methods
- Problems and defects encountered in construction chemicals formulation and application
- Knowledge of additives
- Knowledge of laboratory equipment (dispersion, rheology measurement, gloss & color measurement, spraying, etc.)
- Knowledge of working procedures for the performance of technical service requests and projects
- Knowledge of physical and health hazards associated with the use of chemicals
- Knowledge of computer programs necessary to perform job accurately: word processor, spreadsheets, presentation program
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: End-Use Specialist
- Outline, organize, perform, and lead technical service experiments and projects for its assigned end-use(s), as approved by End-Use Managers.
- Review and modify technical service protocol from the chemists in the team.
- Mentor and train chemists on test methods and paint formulations.
- Draft reports of technical service experiments performed.
- Interface with laboratory staff in Wesel, Germany on processes, problem solving, and new products.
- Must be able to relay technical information in informal conversation, written report, or presentation format to paints & coatings customers, raw material suppliers, employees, and visitors to the Wallingford laboratory.
- Must be willing to travel to Wesel, Germany, on occasion, for training purposes. Must also be willing to travel to sales meeting(s), as necessary.
- Must be willing to travel to customers (up to 30-40% of their time) to present lab TSR’s, new LP products & Projects to customers in North America independently or with Sales Staff and End-Use Manager.
- Act as technical liaison to labs in Germany, Netherlands, US and Mexico.
- Must be willing to present and attend seminars and trade shows, as necessary.
- Order and maintain stock of needed raw materials for paints & coatings
- Interface with raw material suppliers regarding pigments, resins, and starting point formulations for paints & coatings.
- Guide chemists in the lab with project recommendations, SPF information and LP screening based on market experience.
- Guide team to prepare demonstration material for use by our sales and distribution staff as directed by End Use Managers & Application Technology Specialists
- Lead/aid the chemist team to respond to customer technical inquiries received by telephone.
- Outline and execute the evaluation of competitive additive products as agreed upon by End Use Managers & Applied Technology Specialists.
- Evaluation of new coatings, raw materials, binders, solvents, pigments, etc., insofar as they might affect business per agreement with End-Use Managers & Application Technology Specialists.
- Handle hazardous waste according to procedure.
- Follow emergency response procedures.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Prepare monthly reports of activities performed (i.e., projects completed, ongoing projects, etc.)
- Respond to customer technical inquiries.
- Must successfully complete RCRA training according to job function and the regulations
- Must successfully complete DOT Awareness training
- Participates in emergency response as defined in the program and training capability
- Four-year technical degree and/or approximately 10 years of practical experience.
- Paint technical service experience
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Wallingford, CT.
Salary: Depending on skills experience & Education level.
Benefits: Yes, Full Benefits Package.