Wallingford Center, United States
12 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an End Use Manager in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As End Use Manager your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Represents us as an expert in the technical aspects of the Special coatings (General Industrial, Coil, Can and Powder Coatings) markets. Has a primary business responsibility for working with strategic and key customers in this market. Helps develop and implement the objectives/strategy for his end use in NA. Coordinates all activities from Wesel and the Global End Use Manager for his end-use and supports the North American Paint Business Line Manager, Regional Technical Sales Representatives and Distribution. Supports Business Growth Opportunities (BGO’s) for his end use.
This position requires regular interfacing with customers, internal sales, marketing, and technical service lab, as well as effective communication with global colleagues. Developing new strategies and offering customized solutions for product development to key accounts. Monitor market trends, sales, and competitive activity to drive business growth and seize opportunities. Assist customers with technical discussions and problem solving, product recommendations, joint projects, customer seminars, TSR work. Act as a liaison between internal support departments and the technical group.
- Knowledge in Special Coatings (End use Special Coatings includes Can Coatings, Coil coatings, General Industrial coatings, and Powder Coatings): knowledge in General Industrial Coatings is prerequisite, knowledge in Can Coatings, Coil Coatings and/or Powder Coatings is nice to have.
- Experience with formulation and application (e.g., airless application) of typical water-borne, solvent-borne and UV radiation cure coatings used in General Industrial Coatings and typically used raw materials and test methods. Experience with formulation and application of Can Coatings, Coil Coatings and/or Powder Coatings is nice to have.
- Awareness of regional and global trends in the Special Coatings End uses
- Understanding of requirements of General Industrial market and needs of end-customers
- Knowledge of Special Coatings End use markets and competitors (focus on General Industrial Coatings)
- Understanding of regulatory requirements in Special Coatings End uses (focus on General Industrial Coatings) is nice to have.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Development and implementation of the strategy for End use Special Coatings in NA based on the global End use strategy.
- Development and implementation of the strategy for Key Accounts active in the End-use Special Coatings, in close cooperation with Key Account Managers and based on the global End use strategy
- Identification of business growth opportunities together with sales team and KA managers
- Monitoring market trends, sales, and competitive activity
- Support the Special Coatings customers in NA with regular communication and joint sales visits (virtual and in person when possible).
- Technical support for Key Accounts and strategic customers (S, A customers)
- Support and technical training of distributors
- Introduction of new products and technical training of technical service lab and sales team
- Coordination of customer related activities with the sales team and the technical service team, e.g., technical discussions, problem solving, product recommendations, joint projects, seminars, technical service work in technical service lab
- Close cooperation with the technical service laboratory, including regular visits in the lab and technical contact person for the lab team
- Monitoring of the product portfolio of the End-use Special Coatings in NA, including introduction of new ideas for product developments
- Delivering product and theory lectures to customers and related technical societies
- Closely interacting with the Global Head of End-use Special Coatings and the Global End use Manager Powder Coatings in strategic, technical, research and customer related topics
- Leading End use Specialists - Powder Coatings and General Industrial Coatings
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Visit at least 1X per year the Labs in Germany (training, End use Meetings)
- Must be able to drive a car and fly on a plane, coping with conditions of extensive, international, and overnight travel
- Able to speak technically about the respective markets
- Provide technical presentations.
- Stay relevant within the NA General Industrial, Coil, Can and Powder Coatings industry/market; and stay connected with key industry trade organizations and events like: NCCA, ACS
- Knowledgeable of the End-use Special Coatings customer(s) and their markets served
- Aptitude to identify market needs or development opportunities of new additives in order to support strategic sales growth for in the NA Special coatings additive market
- Technical background in the respective field
- College degree required
- Previous experience in General Industrial Coatings and, if possible, also in Can Coatings, Coil Coatings and/or powder Coatings
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Wallingford, CT.
Salary: depending on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com