Trumbull, United States
5 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Engineer II in Trumbull, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Engineer II your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The Technical Operations team is currently seeking a dynamic mechanical engineer to join the team based in Trumbull, CT. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter looking to contribute to the maintenance and development of complex medical products who is comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
Duties & responsibilities:
1. Develop and perform engineering tests and document and analyze results
2. Write validation and verification protocols and reports
3. Support appropriate internal and external product development quality-related projects
4. May lead projects of limited complexity
5. Transfer of projects to and support of manufacturing
Skills & qualifications:
1. Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering-related field or higher with 3+ years of industry experience
2. Strong written and oral communication skills
3. Good troubleshooting and analysis skills
4. Ability to use statistics and quality engineering tools (FMEA, DOE, SPC, MSA) to solve problems and make recommendations
5. Experience with root cause analysis and corrective/preventative action procedures
6. Ability to effectively interact with vendors and contractors relative to quality issues
7. Fabrication and testing experience with common manufacturing techniques for disposable parts – machining, injection molding, stamping, casting, MIM, etc.
8. Understanding of medical device manufacturing, especially as it relates to FDA (cGMP) manufacturing requirements
9. Ability to thrive on cross-functional project teams
10. Demonstrates creativity, conflict resolution skills, and ability to influence without authority
11. Familiarity with discipline-specific tools (SolidWorks, Minitab, GD&T)
12. Plastics and injection molding experience preferred
13. Validation (IQ/OQ/PQ) and validation plan development experience preferred
14. Passing of background check, which may include verification of prior employment, criminal conviction history, educational and driving records.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Trumbull, CT.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.