Seeking an experienced professional to manage projects in a contract manufacturing company that serves the medical device industry. Principally responsible for ensuring seamless prototype to production transfer, production line duplication, and maintaining close communication with the customer to meet their quality and on-time delivery expectations. The ideal candidate will be accountable for overall project implementation by working both hands on and with cross functional teams to deliver manufacturing solutions for medical device production.
- Drive and maintain multiple program schedules and report status of projects on a regular basis, including schedule updates, resource allocation, and cost tracking.
- Maintain effective communication between customer and production team.
- Support the conversion of small-scale processes into commercially viable large-scale operations.
- Assume a hands-on approach to product transfer and establishing manufacturing cells.
- Direct technical resources according to project schedule.
- Monitor and improve processes for the manufacture of medical device components and assemblies.
- Provide technical solutions as needed.
- Troubleshoot problems with production and take corrective action.
- Assume responsibility for safety/environmental issues and ongoing performance of processes.
- Lean and cellular manufacturing experience
Level of Skill, Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and at least 7 years’ experience in a medical device manufacturing environment. Experience in lean and cellular manufacturing required.
- Must have experience with Class II & Class III finished medical devices.
- Should have experience in managing process development and improvement.
- Must possess a proactive attitude and provide leadership and project management to a cross functional team and assist in directing them in achieving assigned goals and objectives.