Manchester, United States
3 months ago
Engineering Service Technician
- Maintain a fleet of medical devices (including all relevant test equipment) to designated design configurations.
- Work with engineering departments on the program to solve problems and find solutions.
- Relay information between key individuals within the servicing process.
- Must be able to create and maintain documentation of service performed on medical devices using Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), Good Documentation Practices (GDP).
- Conduct failure and root cause analysis of product received for repairs, and document findings in a project database.
- Communicate with Technical Support Engineers to resolve perceived procedural issues with servicing.
- Perform and document inspections of medical devices and their components according to Company plans and procedures.
- Perform and document periodic verification on test and calibration fixtures in accordance with established procedures to support medical device functional testing.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 1 year experience in a technical field.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline preferred
- Electro-mechanical aptitude, the ability to diagnose problems and see the solutions through to completion.
- Hands-on experience with common repair tools, custom test and verification software.
- Ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Computer skills must include the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must have the ability to understand and follow established manufacturing Operating Procedures (OP) in the service process, and work within a Quality Management System (QMS).
- Experience with service, calibration and test of medical devices a plus