Shelton, United States
over 1 year ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Tool Maker in Shelton, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Engineering Technician your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: The Engineering Technician, Prototype is responsible for the fabrication of equipment, procuring the appropriate tooling and raw materials necessary to make components, and fabricating prototypes per customer specifications.
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Program fabrication equipment from CAD files to produce prototype components utilizing CAM programs and on-machine capability
• Procure and fabricate necessary tooling to fabricate and inspect prototype components
• Procure the necessary raw materials
• Operate the following equipment to fabricate and inspect prototype components:
o CNC Milling
o CNC Lathe
o Wire EDM
o Surface Grinding
o Manual milling and lathes
o Optical comparator
o Miscellaneous hand tools and inspection equipment
• Maintain or provide for the maintenance of the fabrication facilities and equipment to ensure necessary housekeeping, safety, and environmental compliance
• Ensure compliance with relevant quality system requirements
• Successfully interact with customers and provide technical support regarding Design’s services
• Identify and coordinate outside suppliers for secondary operations on prototypes
• Develop prototype quotations and estimates in response to project or customer request for quotes (RFQ’s).
• Coordinate prototyping activities to establish and meet time schedules
• Perform other duties as required or assigned by Design management
• Support quality and compliance by complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS) documentation requirements.
• 7+ years of experience in a similar role
• 5+ years of experience programming, tooling, and operating manual and CNC equipment
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Ability to set up and operate CNC milling, lathes, and EDM equipment
• Ability to utilize CAD programs (preferably Mastercam)
Location: Shelton, CT.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.