Ayer, United States
about 2 years ago
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for coordinating regulatory programs and its applications and help support the compliance process.
- Practice safe working techniques, provide continuous improvement efforts, and reinforce the safety policies, guidelines and procedures as set out by the Company including but not limited to:
- Perform and contribute to the training plans through employee orientations; emergency response training; and coordination of modular training programs throughout the facility
- Maintain and update SOP’s as deemed necessary for all safe work practices, equipment and ensure implementation and daily practice of the SOP’s
- Provide advice, assistance and guidance in EHS programs at all levels of employment to ensure that effective EHS is implemented and working
- Review and maintain the site preparedness and emergency plans and procedures including LOTO, EAP, and HAZCOMM
- Oversee hazardous chemicals and waste storage area, waste reduction monitoring and ensure regulatory agency compliance, labeling, containments, proper disposal and documentation
- Responsible for risk assessment and analysis including:
- Identification of possible losses
- Evaluation of the risk in such loss exposure
- Develop and implement corrective action plans
- Perform plan audits to ensure effectiveness
- Develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
- Accountable for completing permit applications and work with environmental and safety groups and consultants to ensure compliance in permit reporting requirements
- Ensure inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and corrective actions are followed through accordingly.
- Ensure all permits, reporting requirements and audits are met promptly for both environmental and safety compliance
- Conduct regular site inspections in coordination with Operations and QA
- Plan, schedule and conduct safety, orientation and quality training to help enable all employees to work safely.
- Maintain relevant EHS logs and documentations
- Partner with HR to ensure filing systems regarding employee training are maintained and any Worker’s Compensation related issues
- Lead, investigate, review, compile timely and accurate reports and follow through all workplace accidents and incidents such as OSHA incidents
- Maintain working relationships with Regulatory Agencies such as MassDEP to ensure compliance
- Assist in emergency response, safety response and first aid guidance
- Remain updated of environmental and safety regulations changes that affect the Company.
- Ensure all personnel including temporary employees and contracts working onsite are in compliance with the Company policies and safety requirements including GMP’s, food defense and safety, HACCP and QA standards.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Must have strong, comprehensive understanding of environmental health and safety management practices, principles and procedures.
- Demonstrate successful leadership and guidance of health, safety management
- Strong communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and interacting with all levels of management
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, effective written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of TRI (NPRI or equivalent) calculations and report, hazardous waste management, air/water/waste permitting, and pollution prevention
- Knowledge of safety training, hazmat and fire training and location safety policy
- Able to quickly identify problems, analyze root causes, and provide solutions
- Highly initiative, self-starter
- Flexible in work hours
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite and ERP system
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA in Environmental Health and Safety discipline or equivalent
- Three or more years of experience in an EH&S position
- CPR/FA/AED certified
- Manufacturing background preferred but not required
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus