For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an Estimating/Manufacturing Engineer to work for one of our clients in Chester, CT.
In search of a high level Estimating/Manufacturing Engineer who has experience working in CNC machine shop environments to be responsible for developing cost plans, ordering new tooling and fixtures and doing new job estimating. Must be familiar with machining processes and how long they take to run a single operation. CNC programming experience desired.
- Prepares cost estimates by analyzing proposal and requirement.
- Prepares work to be estimated by gathering proposals, part prints, specifications, and related documents.
- Identifies labor, material, and time requirements by studying proposals, part prints, specification, and related documents.
- Prepare Request for Quotation for raw materials and Outside Processing as necessary.
- Computes costs by analyzing labor, material, and time requirements.
- Resolves discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information.
- Presents prepared estimate by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information.
- Maintains cost database by entering and backing up data.
- Confers with suppliers to support external operations in setup and management.
- Estimates production times, staffing requirements, and related costs to provide information for management decisions.
- Confers with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements.
- Receive instructions from customer drawings, contract documents and customer requirements.
- Coordinate tool designs/tooling requirements as required.
- Ensure that manufacturing planning and material meet contractual requirements.
- 5+ years of estimating experience (analyzing information, estimating, planning, reporting research results, data center experience, strategic planning, attention to details, informing others, requirements analysis).
- Knowledge of aerospace components, CNC programming is a plus.
- Computer skills (MS Office – Excel, Word).
- Strong customer service, organizational, and verbal skill.
- Knowledge of CAD/CAM preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma training and experience desired.
- Understanding of Process Flow, PFMEA.
- Good understanding of GD&T and standard technical.
- 1st shift
- Salary range: $80-100K
- Direct hire with benefits (401k & match, medical, vision, dental, life insurance, STD & LTD paid for by the company, sign on bonus, alternative half day Fridays, tuition reimbursement).
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations.