Norwalk, United States
15 days ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Fire Protection Engineer in Norwalk CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The Fire Systems Engineer will interface with the Safety, Maintenance, Environmental, Engineering and Production departments to carry out all maintenance, testing and training activities. Currently, we have seven foam deluge systems that provide coverage for our manufacturing buildings, six tank farms and two warehouses. Additionally, four office buildings, one maintenance building and 15 laboratories are equipped with water (dry pipe) sprinkler systems.
- Excellent working knowledge of fire protection systems for chemical and Petro-chemical facilities (solvents, hydrocarbon fluids, organic chemicals…)
- Practical experience in fire protection systems and in maintaining, testing, and operating such systems.
- Must have the desire and ability to become the company’s expert on fire protection technologies and systems.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must have organizational and planning skills, facilitation skills, computer skills.
- Flexible, analytical, and detailed oriented.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills, ability, and preference for working in a team environment, and ability to lead and/or motivate individuals and groups.
- Must be capable of multi-tasking and work well in a team environment.
- Strong capability to solve EHS-related problems by proposing professional solutions adapted to the local requirements.
- Must be curious in “how things work” and deliberate in finding out details of each emergency system.
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) or Master of Science (MS) in Fire Protection Engineering from an accredited college or university.
- Working knowledge of OSHA 1910.119 Process Safety Management (PSM) and EPA Risk Management Programs (RMP) regulations.
- Experience in Fire Protection Systems aspects including preventative maintenance, detection, knowledge of fire system control panel interface.
- Must have working knowledge of National Fire Protection Agency (NFPA) guidance as well as applicable fire system codes for industrial facilities.
- Working knowledge of the hazards of hydrocarbon fluids, organic chemicals, and solvents.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that all existing fire protection systems are in top working conditions.
- Ensure all pipes, valves, actuators, air pressure lines, gauges, tanks, monitors, heat activated devices (HAD), and pull stations are labeled in a professional, well kept, easy to see manner.
- Maintain and upgrade systems drawings and verify that all Fire Protection System labels match applicable piping and instrument diagrams and drawings.
- Maintain and improve all fire protection system labels and signage throughout the plant site. Ensure all signage around fire protection system activation points are labeled appropriately to ensure system accuracy in an emergency.
- Oversee the scheduling of system maintenance for all fire protection systems on site. Coordinate with internal maintenance crafts and outside contractors accordingly.
- Must be on-site when any contractor is performing maintenance or testing of any of the fire protection systems. • Must be available (on-call) and willing to come into plant on off hours should there be a system malfunction or trouble indicator.
- Periodically walk and inspect each protection systems to ensure functionality.
- Train personnel in fire protection system in the classroom as well as in the field. This would ensure all designated personnel are trained on their respective Fire Protection Systems.
- Ensure that records pertaining to maintenance, training and alterations to the fire protection systems is well documented and searchable.
- Develop quarterly reports (with pictures, diagrams, process, and instrument diagrams) updating company leadership on the functionality, system readiness, testing and major system improvements.
- Maintain working knowledge of codes, standards, and regulations relevant to fire protection systems.
- Develop schedules and budgets for fire system improvements and maintenance on a yearly basis. Work within the Process Safety Management (PSM) system regarding Management of Change and Lock Out Tag Out procedures.
- Duration: Direct Hire.
- Location: Norwalk, CT.
- Salary: $80-120K.
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.