about 2 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Function Test Technician in Long Island City
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Function Test Technician your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Job details. Performs all aspects of work on rail cars being processed through the Long Island City Facility and Commissioning Sites. This includes all electrical and mechanical troubleshooting, repairs, modifications and any other duties requested by their supervisor.
The position entails working on rail cars in the final assembly process at the Long Island City facility or at a remote site. The technician will use standard hand tools (wrenches, screwdrivers, sockets, etc.) along with his or her ability to perform basic troubleshooting utilizing multi-meters, clamp meters and PC based test/ diagnostic equipment. The technician will read piping diagrams, mechanical drawings, technical manuals, and electrical schematics as required to accomplish the job assignment.
The technician will perform test procedures on some the following systems: HVAC, Brakes, Propulsion, Communications systems, Toilet systems, Trainline systems, Sign systems, Automatic train control systems, general functional tests, Hipotential tests, Wining Continuity Tests, Pneumatic Leakage Tests, Dynamic Tests, Burn-in tests, etc.
From time to time the Test technician will be required to assist and support the engineering group on various engineering tests.
The test technician will interact directly with the customer on a regular basis and must have to ability to communicate clearly the intent and be confident in his or her assignment. The test technician will fill out all test record sheets, create rejection reports and any other documentation required for the particular job assigned.
Must have, at a minimum, the following:
- Previous work experience in the electrical/ electronic testing field.
- High school diploma or equivalent, technical school or associates in the electrical/ electronic engineering field preferred.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Ability to read and understand blue-prints and mechanical drawings.
- Proficiency with all basic hand tools.
- Ability to use a multi-meter, clamp meter and pc-based test equipment.
- Ability to fill out all test record sheets and create rejection reports.
- Must be proficient with the English measurement system and be able to learn the Metric measurement system within a specified amount of time.
- Capable of working under pressure with specific deadlines.
- Able to work flexible hours, any shift,
- Ability to climb stairs and ladders, and able to lift, push, or pull a maximum of 40 lbs.
- Comfortable working in a rail yard environment.
- Willing to travel on business trips or field assignments.
- Familiar with MS office applications.
Duration: 6 months Temp to hire
Location: Long Island City, NY 11101
Salary: Salary $20 – 26hr. depending on experience
Hours: 7am -4pm.
Benefits: Full Benefits, Medical, Dental, Vision,
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
???????Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.