South Windsor , United States
over 2 years ago
The General Accountant role will be responsible for month end close responsibilities including account reconciliation. Journal entry preparation and analysis. The position reports to the Finance Manager but also works directly with the Controller to report monthly, quarterly and annual results.
- Focal for the month end close activities including preparing journal entries and related workpapers.
- Prepare monthly account reconciliation.
- Analyze weekly and monthly manufacturing WIP report for proper general ledger classifications.
- Responsible for fixed asset ledger maintenance and property tax declarations.
- Government survey preparation
- Accounting Team focal point for inventory control processes and cycle counts
- Serves as backup to A/P function.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
- 2+ years of Accounting experience
- Actual reporting and variance analytics experience
- Advanced computer knowledge and skills: MS Excel, MS Outlook, and online banking.
- Hands-on experience with ERP systems (specific knowledge of Epicor ERP 10 and XL Connect is a plus)
- Contract manufacturing/job shop experience, preferred
- Database query and SQL knowledge, preferred
- ERP Configuration and implementation experience, preferred