Cromwell, United States
about 1 month ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a CNC Grinder Set up and operate in Cromwell, CT.
As a (an) CNC Grinder Set up and operate your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to
Responsible for setting up and tending grinding machines to grind external or internal cylindrical or tapered surfaces of metal pieces. Follows instructions and charts during grinding procedure to produce cutting blades used in cable prep Tools.
- 5 years’ experience with precision Grinding
- Okamoto NC Grinder experience a plus
- Strong Blueprint reading skills.
- Strong shop math with a high Trigonometry aptitude
- Tight tolerance work +/- .0001
- Grind external or internal cylindrical tapered surfaces.
- Remove metal by the application of abrasives which are bonded to form a rotating wheel.
- Rough and finish flat, cylindrical, and conical surfaces.
- Read and interpret charts, drawings, and blueprints.
- Determine product specifications such as dimensions, tolerances, and number of parts to be ground.
- Collect and assemble required products.
- Determine grinding speeds, feed rates, holding fixtures, and grinding wheels to be used.
- Mount grinding wheel.
- Dress wheel according to specifications.
- Use dressing devices.
- Position work rest to specified height.
- Confirm ground workpiece has the correct specifications.
- Change worn grinding wheels.
- Check grinding wheels for cracks.
- Utilize micrometers, calipers, height gauges, Drop gauges, preset gauges.
- Use proper wheel guards on all grinding machines.
- Grind nonmetallic materials.
- Observe machine during operation.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Cromwell, CT
- Salary: $18-$22hr.
- Benefits: yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.