Shelton, United States
10 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Administrator in Shelton, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
Human Resources Administrator
Under general supervision of People and Organization Manager, the People and Organization Administrator will perform general clerical and administrative tasks in support of the People and Organization Department. This position will primarily be responsible for collecting, entering, tracking and following up with all potential employees as they navigate through the pre-employment process. In addition, this position is also responsible for entering all new hires into company's human resources information system, ADP Workforce Now.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinates and administers pre-employment testing using third party administrator
- Monitor the new-hire paperwork process through company's paperless onboarding system (HR Cloud) from remote office locations and transfer new-hires into ADP Workforce Now
- Creates and maintains employee personnel folders including medical files
- Assists in maintaining Human Resource Information System records and compiles reports from database.
- Responds to outside inquiries for employment verifications and other HR related questions
- Tracks the acknowledgement of new company-wide policies and procedures; follows up with management as needed
- Coordinates the completion of new-hire paperwork for HQ and Customer Support Center personnel
- Maintains compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment (ie EEOC, I-9, etc)
- Participates in developing and reaching department goals.
- Copy, scan, fax, bind, and file
- Assist with HR mailings, as needed
- Performs other duties as required or assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS/ EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma/ GED required; 2 year Associates Degree preferred
- 1-2 years experience working in an HR Department in similar role
- Current working knowledge of the applicable state/federal statutes and regulations or ability to learn
- Effective verbal and written communication (bilingual – Spanish/English a plus)
- Ability and willingness to work with other departments, the general public, and other agency personnel, furnishing and obtaining information.
- Keen attention to detail and meticulous follow up skills
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and projects at the same time
- Willingness to take on new or ad hoc projects
- Team player with a positive attitude
- Excellent knowledge of MS Excel, Word, Outlook. Experience with ADP and HR Cloud software preferred