Bridgeport, United States
about 1 year ago
We are looking for a Human Resources Manager who is an effective coach and change agent, and a true partner and consultant to business leaders and employees. The ideal candidate has an eye for talent and is committed to providing employees with an exceptional work experience.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for developing, implementing, and managing human resources policies and processes in the areas of talent acquisition, employee relations, engagement, compensation and benefits, compliance, training, and HRIS. Leads a team of 3.
- Drive effective full cycle recruiting, selection and on-boarding activities for exempt, non-exempt, and hourly employees.
- Manage, assess and optimize talent acquisition processes including job description development and posting, sourcing, testing, interviewing, hiring and onboarding.
- Build a strong pipeline of talent.
- Leverage social media, position as an employer of choice, and ensure exceptional candidate care.
- Partner with management to address and resolve employee relations issues, including conducting thorough, effective investigations.
- Counsel and educate managers and employees.
- Collaborate with legal counsel on issues as appropriate.
- Build relationships with staff at all levels; assure that new recruits assimilate effectively into the organization.
- Monitor and collect data to identify, address, and report on developing trends/patterns.
- Enhance the team member experience and drive employee engagement.
- Plan, implement, and evaluate policies, programs, and practices.
- Develop and lead People initiatives with focus on retention, engagement, and recognition.
- Administer Employee Satisfaction Surveys.
- In close partnership with staff and leadership, lead focus groups and action planning as required.
- Monitor, collect data, and report on the pulse of the organization to anticipate needs and identify challenges.
- Manage benefits and compensation programs.
- Complete compensation market analysis and pay surveys.
- Responsible for company policies development and update.
- Responsible for ERISA, ACA, DOL, and other employment related filings.
- Ensure all employment practices comply with federal, state and local regulations.
- Responsible for HR related compliance training.
- Coach and counsel managers and employees regarding policies and procedures, discipline, interpersonal and teamwork opportunities.
- Develop managers' leadership skills through active coaching.
- Create clarity and alignment around leadership expectations.
- Proactively partner with department managers and provide support to help them accomplish their business goals.
- Track and collect data, and report on KPIs.
- Uses critical thinking and data analytics to drive HR strategy and day to day client management.
- Participate in other special projects as needed.