Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Instrumentation & Equipment Technician in Wallingford, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) I&E Technician your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: Install, inspect and repair electrical and instrumentation equipment as required throughout the Wallingford plant.
- Install, repair, troubleshoot and perform preventative maintenance assignments on electronic, electrical, instrumentation, controls and related equipment in the Plant.
- Read and understand electronic, electrical and instrument blueprints.
- Layout and assemble electrical systems including conduit runs.
- Provide communication/coordination with appropriate Department, Plant, I&E Group Leader as necessary to assure safe and efficient operations.
- Prepare, complete, update and maintain all reports, records and documentation as assigned or necessary.
- Adhere to all plant safety standards, rules and procedures while utilizing proper safety equipment, protective devices, and clothing as required.
- Adhere to all plant environmental practices, standards, rules, procedures as required.
- Adhere to all Plant, Company and regulatory standards, policies, rules and requirements.
Assist other crafts along with additional duties as directed by management.
Education (describe level of education for this position indicating if it is Required or Preferred (e.g. Bachelor’s, Master’s Degree, Ph.D., Law)
- Minimum of a High School Diploma
- Associates or Technical Degree in Instrumentation/Controls preferred
- Bachelor’s of Electrical Engineering also a plus
Experience (type and length of experience)
- In absence of degree/certification, 3 years of experience in the electrical or instrumentation field
Specific skills (skills and knowledge necessary to meet the objectives of the position)
- State of Connecticut electrical Licensing (E-2 or higher) or Instrumentation certification
Problem solving (list significant job challenges requiring problem solving skills)
- Troubleshooting electrical and instrumentation issues
- Exert up to 40 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 lbs. of force frequently.
- Requires walking or standing to a significant degree.
- Vision must be good or corrected to normal to perform normal job duties.
- Hearing must be good to have the ability to understand information to perform job duties.
- Ability to read and write in English in order to process paperwork and follow up on any actions necessary.
- Duration: Direct hire
- Location: Wallingford, CT
- Salary: depending on experience
- Benefits: yes
- Shift: 1st shift
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com