New Haven, United States
11 months ago
Great Project Manager position in great downtown New Haven CT location! Seeking someone with strong experience leading projects, coordinating with stakeholders, time frames, etc. Project in the IT Security group, no security background is need - just great project management, problem solving, communication skills. This is a long-term contract for 3+ years. Lighthouse offers a full benefits package including multiple health insurance offerings, 401K plan and more!
The Associate Project Manager will direct multiple projects involving one or more project teams utilizing Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, or Hybrid methodologies. The associate project manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout its life cycle. Responsible for preparing and communicating status reports on the health of the project.
- Define, document and successfully complete projects.
- Ensure that effective project control, change control, risk management, design, development, and testing processes are maintained.
- Monitor and control resources, revenue and capital costs against the project budget, and manage expectations of all project stakeholders.
- Align project objectives with company goals, and make sure project team is clear on objectives.
- Work with Solution Managers to staff initiatives with appropriate skill sets.
- Communicate project status, progress and issues effectively and appropriately, including periodic report creation and distribution.
- Assist with vendor selection activities, using established RFP process.
- Manage sprint velocity-related metrics and goals.
- Run scrum ceremonies, e.g., daily huddles, backlog grooming, sprint planning and sprint retrospectives to actively manage risks and external dependencies.
- Facilitate discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution while promoting joint. accountability for results and problem solving.
- Provide coordination for smaller efforts and enhancements.
- On-Call and/or after-hours work required.
Professionalism/Personal Accountability, Collaboration and Teamwork, Communication, Flexible and Adapts to Change, Service to Customers and Clients
- Knowledge of project management methodologies and techniques including Agile, Waterfall, Iterative, and Hybrid methodologies
- Ability to contain project scope, and act as owner for all project outcomes
- Knowledge of Agile techniques: User Stories, Test Driven Development, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Paired Programming and Automated Testing
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Persuasive, encouraging and motivating
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients and other departments
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Experience working in highly fast paced team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Technical acumen
- Competency in Microsoft applications including Visio, Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook
- Basic Technical understanding of the digital platform, cloud applications, web services, server-side components and APIs
- Experience with PPM and Agile tools such as Confluence, Clarity, Wrike, JIRA, Rally etc., a plus
Education and Experience Qualifications
- BA or BS in Business, Project Management, Computer Science, or another business-related field