Shelton, United States
8 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an IT Systems Support Specialist in anywhere, but Cambridge, MA preferably.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) IT Systems Support Specialist your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Requisition Title: IT Systems Support Specialist
Job Description Summary
This position will serve as a multifaceted Systems Support Specialist to provide Professional NuGenesis Software Support and related activities in support of a large NuGenesis Upgrade project in a GxP environment. Excellent technical and communication skills are necessary to positively interact with customers and effectively communicate at all levels. Successful candidates will be self-starters who can independently manage their tasks and schedules, as well as coordinating schedules for multiple teams.
Laboratory Services, offers a number of Scientific and Laboratory IT Services to help labs optimize their scientific productivity with effective use of information technology. These service solutions combine scientific and technical expertise with defined project management and information technology process methodologies, to create predictable and measurable information technology outcomes regardless of instrument technology or manufacturer
This is a role located in Cambridge, MA. This role can be performed remotely.
Life science laboratories require advanced informatics solutions in order to operate effectively and efficiently. This role would be responsible for supporting researchers in the expert use of these systems. The right candidate would have laboratory experience and a background in supporting scientific applications. This position requires knowledge of Windows, Linux a significant PLUS, though not required, in order to diagnose issues and manage applications, but does not require day-to-day management (OS provisioning, OS patching, etc.).
- Maintain positive, professional communications with customers, vendors, and colleagues.
- Gather business requirements and troubleshoot GxP hardware and software issues in a timely manner.
- Create and update GxP Documentation for compliance and quality control in support of Change Management activities.
- Manage application user lifecycle management.
- Accurately process and record support transactions using designated tracking software.
- Perform data entry and follow up on activities for completeness and timeliness.
- Stay current with training, compliance, and system information, changes, and updates.
- Follow GxP standard procedures, guidelines and policies.
- Provide a high level of support for applications hosted on Linux and Windows.
- Work with software vendors for application troubleshooting.
- Develop test/validation plans, write test protocols, and conduct necessary tests to confirm functional and design requirements and GxP compliance.
- Some off-hours support may be required to install application upgrades or patches.
- Candidate must have 5+ years of GxP experience and 3+ years of Waters application knowledge (NuGenesis SDMS, Empower) from an IT administrator perspective.
- IT support experience with a good understanding of operating systems, networking components, data integrity, data security, and database structures.
- Experience administering scientific applications in GxP Lab environments.
- 2+ years Linux administration experience.
Requisition Start Date: 06/01/2020
Requisition End Date: 12/31/2020
Business Unit: Commercial - Americas
Site: US Field
- Duration: 6 months.
- Location: Cambridge but can be anywhere in US
- Salary: 55.48
- Shift: Part Time – 20 hours/week, hours are flexible
Location – Cambridge, MA, or REMOTE (can sit anywhere in the USA, no travel required at this time)
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.