Wilmington, United States
7 months ago
We are looking for a Software Engineer to develop real-time / embedded and control applications. A background in C/C++ development with experience in OOD techniques and methodologies is required. A familiarity with front-end web development, SQL development and database design are a plus.
Working closely with product managers and design engineers you will define and implement a complete system capable of reliable operation through potential fault conditions.
The product is large, the work is challenging and, consequently, the team places a high value on teamwork and effective communication.
Key Work Functions
- Participating in walk through of functional specifications
- Implementing new features
- Participating in code reviews
- Writing unit and integration tests
- Participate as part of a team or as an individual contributor on design tasks
- Minimum, BS Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 2+ years of experience developing software applications preferred
- Experience in Linux
- Knowledgeable in real time threading issues and implementation
- Experience with industrial control system development and state machine design
- Languages: C, C++, Python
- Ability to develop object interface abstraction layers
- Unit test development
- Experience with version control and modern software development tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- The ability to multi-task with changing priorities in a fast-paced product environment
- U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency
- Fluent in English