Farmington, United States
over 1 year ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates, and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Lab Supervisor in Farmington, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: The Laboratory Supervisor will manage the quality control testing laboratory that is responsible for physical testing, chemistry testing and microbial testing of incoming raw materials, in-process samples, finished products and stability samples in a dietary supplements manufacturing company.
- Track all products testing and ensure timely release. Investigate all non-conforming results, troubleshoot testing issues, analyze product results trend, initiate and apply corrective and preventive action, and make decision on product status.
- Update current test procedures and SOPs to meet regulatory and quality standards including but not limited to valid and validated test procedures.
- Review and maintain all testing related documents, instrument and equipment calibration and maintenance records.
- Manage all laboratory equipment purchase, service and supervise regular supply orders, monitor all laboratory spending.
- Provide training and development opportunities to optimize their performance and personal growth.
- Represent the laboratory in audits, tours and meetings as required.
- Meet with company management. Provide updates on laboratory operations and discuss quality improvement.
- Coordinate with other departments as required to discuss any quality issues, regulatory changes, laboratory changes and improvements.
- Organize efforts to achieve new revenue streams thru 3rd party testing, stability and environmental monitoring.
- Lead efforts to achieve accreditation for ISO 17025:2017 and other projects.
- Other duties as assigned or needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology or related science with more than five years FDA regulated GMP environment working experience, such as pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical device or dietary supplements industry.
- At least three years of HPLC hands-on experience is required. Strong understanding of analytical chemistry and microbiology.
- At least two years of direct management experience. Strong management skills.
- Good verbal and written communication ability. Capable of working in a fast-paced environment and strong multi-tasking ability.
- Good documentation skills. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Experience with LIM system use and administration.
- Experience implementing 3rd party certification.
- Organized, attention to details, self-starter and team worker.
- Ability to shuffle priorities in a response to customer needs.
- Attendance and punctuality are a must as ongoing laboratory testing are vital to the rest of the company.
- Ability to find, to recruit, and to develop outstanding talent to meet the company’s needs.
- Ability to grow and evolve with the company.
Duration: Direct Hire Permanent
Location: Farmington, CT.
Salary: Open depending on experience
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org