Trumbull, United States
10 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Lab Tech in Trumbull, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Lab Tech your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
Our design team is responsible for the global development of Unilever’s personal cleansing brands. As a lab technician, you will be responsible for assisting in the formulation development of new global innovations for cleansing products.
- Following process instructions to formulate various cleansing formulations efficiently and with good attention to detail.
- Working flexibly with a variety of team members to aid in day to day tasks
- Maintaining a laboratory notebook which captures formulation details, processing steps, and time/temperature notes for the duration of each formulation batch.
- Managing the laboratory inventory of raw materials (surfactants, acids, bases, etc) ensuring the lab area is appropriately stocked.
- Filling, labeling and shipping prototype samples for consumer testing.
- Maintaining a clean and safe laboratory work area while adhering to Unilever safety protocols.
- Analyzing product attributes including pH, viscosity, rheology, density, appearance, and color.
- Aid in organizing and measuring time points on stability samples as needed
- Read, and record stability results in LIMS system
- Perform specification updates in PLM system with guidance as needed
- Bachelors Degree in scientific field
- At least 2 years of laboratory experience preferred (college level or professional)
- Proficiency with laboratory skills including:
- Making solutions
- pH measurements
- Basic laboratory equipment; hot plates, heating mantles, mixing units, etc
- Viscosity and rheology measurements
- Laboratory safety
- Intermediate computer skills
- Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint proficiency preferred
- Employee must be able to occasionally lift up to 35lbs
- Employee must be able to be on their feet for a significant portion of the day
- Must be proficient in English
- Duration: Contract
- Location: Trumbull, CT.
- Salary: $17-$18/hr
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.