Bethel, United States
9 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Laser Engineer in Bethel, CT
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Laser Engineer your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The individual working in this position will carry out professional engineering assignments related to the development, design, and programming of laser welding, laser cutting, and laser marking applications for customers. This position requires a high level of technical understanding of laser equipment and applications. It requires the practical application of good manufacturing and engineering practices. The ideal candidate possesses strong project management, analytical, documentation, and communication skills along with an aptitude for hands-on problem solving.
- Work with customers in conjunction with Product Development Engineers to quote, develop, and sustain new laser processed projects.
- Provide guidance to customers, as necessary.
- Design robust, cost effective laser processes and oversee prototype fabrication.
- Troubleshoot problems and define preventative and corrective actions.
- Establish costs for new laser processed products and evaluate how changes affect costs.
- Generate system documentation including creation of prints, procedures, work instructions, specifications, etc.
- Effectively present findings or oral arguments to customers and management.
- Maintain, repair, and upgrade laser systems, as necessary.
- Support internal development projects and goals.
- Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: FDA).
- Work with Sales, Operations, Quality, Customer Service, Logistics, and HR, as necessary.
EDUCATION & COMPENTENCIES
- BS or MS in Engineering or equivalent with 5 years relevant laser processing experience, capable of working in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient with MS Office.
- Must possess solid mechanical and electrical troubleshooting abilities.
- Must demonstrate good oral and written communication skills.
- Must be extremely flexible regarding priority changes.
- Individual must be fluent in speaking, reading, and writing English.
- Must have the ability to read, analyze, and interpret procedures and/or safety manuals.
- Preferred to have experience with computer assisted engineering and design software and equipment, such as AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Cagila, Cimcad.
- Must be a self-starter and able to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- General metallurgical knowledge and/or knowledge of NiTi properties and how processing changes these properties.
- Experience with Process Controls: Control Plans, pFMEA, DOE, MSA, etc.
- Experience working in ISO-9001/13485 or similar environment.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers.
- Ability to apply common.
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Bethel, CT.
- Salary: Depending on experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com