Franklin, United States
over 3 years ago
Laser Technician- 1st shift
The purpose of this role is to provide technical support to daily production/development activities for the Laser department. This position requires strong technical aptitude for use in applications utilizing various technologies including: laser welding, laser cutting, laser marking, electrolytic machining, electro-polishing, cleaning and passivation, chemical and mechanical deburrying, work holding and tooling/fixturing.
- Assist in process development methods for a variety of manufacturing projects (laser development methods, process applications and workflow).
- Perform needed operations for production/development jobs as needed. Cleaning, inspection, training, etc.
- Document process notes as needed.
- Track order status of production/development jobs. Locate multiple component job travelers throughout the facility; help facilitate needed speed of projects.
- Report job status to manufacturing supervisor daily.
- Report needed job traveler updates or anomalies using document control methods to aid in the facilitation of rapid updates.
- Assist in development documentation activities.
- Assist in development of robust work instructions.
- Assist in inspection report documentation updates.
Level of Skill, Education and Experience:
- A.S. degree in Engineering preferred.
- Experience with CAD systems, Microsoft Project and other relevant software systems a plus. Ideal candidate has experience in a contract manufacturing environment.
- Must be able to work with minimal guidance and have good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.