Hartford, United States
10 days ago
We continue to build out our software solutions for innovative home health solutions that produce better outcomes and reduce overall costs through partnerships with providers and payors. The Universal Data Hub (UDH) engineering team will build our core software integration components that would enable the integration of new products and existing systems. We are looking for a Technical Lead to help us drive our UDH team and be the technical backstop for the team.
Leveraging your experience in Big Data, Stream processing, Real-time and Batch processing, Application Development and Analytics, you will join a product team that is building a new platform. We want you to bring your talent and expertise to drive the change needed within the healthcare industry.
As technical Lead, UDH, you will have responsibility for leading day to day development of software integration components. You will work with Business Technology associates, as well as vendor partners and consultants in a fast paced, dynamic agile environment. This lead must be a hands on technical resource comfortable ‘rolling up his/her sleeves’ to help the team design, develop, and test integration software. The UDH Platform initiative will include a completely new approach to developing software, using the latest design approaches, technologies, and processes.
- Lead, architect, design, develop, execute, deliver and maintain large Software Development and Maintenance projects
- Lead an Agile Software Development team that is comprised of remote onshore and offshore Development members.
- Manage day-to-day activities of the development team
- Ensure that Software Development team adheres to and contributes to the defined processes while still being able to deliver efficiently
- Deliver high-quality, secure, scalable and maintainable production software
- Define, communicate and implement coding standards
- Ensure high level of documentation is maintained by the team
- Interact with Business Owners to understand business requirements and be very adept at conveying application and technological logic/decisions to non-technical users
- Partner with other IT teams including Enterprise Architecture, Security, DevOps and Infrastructure to ensure that solutions are implemented, blockers are removed and adherence to industry best practices
- Lead the development of a CI/CD architecture
- Ensure predictable and reliable delivery of sprints/releases
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience required
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with designing, developing, delivering and maintaining large scalable enterprise systems
- Minimum 2 years’ Experience leading Agile software development teams with onsite, offshore and remote team members
- Experience with full software development lifecycle including design, architecture, development, building, testing, deployment and maintenance.
- Ability to be forward-thinking and be able to analyze and anticipate project, technology and team solutions to ensure successful project delivery
- Ability to own and drive technological and team issues to resolution with minimal guidance
- Self-motivated, curious, eager to learn and able to thrive in a fast-paced, remote or onsite environment
- Expert as Scala developer and proficient as Java, and Python developer
- Proficient in Big Data, Distributed Stream processing and Message Broker technologies specifically Cloudera Hadoop ecosystem (Yarn, Spark, Hive, Impala, Airflow) and Kafka
- Strong knowledge of API development and RESTful web services
- Knowledge of the distributed, loosely coupled application development using Scala & Java frameworks (Spring Boot, Spring Batch) is highly desired
- Proficient and hands on with Application Servers (WebSphere, Tomcat, JBoss)
- Good knowledge of relation database, specifically Oracle (SQL - PL/SQL)
- Excellent communication