Watertown, United States
12 months ago
We are currently seeking a Logistics Coordinator to work for one of our clients in Watertown, CT on a direct hire basis.
Planning and managing logistics, assisting with keeping track of quality, quantity, stock levels, transport costs, delivery times and efficiency. Assisting with arranging the warehouse for most efficient order fulfillment, communicating with local purchasing offices, preparing management reports, scheduling inbound and outbound shipments, and negotiating shipping rates with suppliers. Administration of duty codes, tariffs, charges updates in systems and oversight.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Shipment and purchase order follow up
- Ensuring timely and correct delivery of shipments
- Customs clearance
- HS code classification
- Freight forwarder management
- Invoice validation
- Freight claims
- Tariff updates
- Duty Drawback
- Provide support to the Warehouse Manager
- Follow up on duties as assigned
- Assist in guiding staff to solve challenges
- Use expertise to plan and execute projects to improve efficiency and cost in supply chain
- Department organization
- One Team – One Goal – provide our customers with EXCELLENT customer service
- Maintain processes and procedures for fast and accurate updates
- Define product freight classes, monitor freight cost and charges for ongoing management
- Generate reports, analyses and presentations as required.
- Adheres to Company policies
- Respects the confidentiality of Company, customer and personnel information.
- Maintains cooperative working relationships with other staff members
- Maintains a well-groomed, professional appearance, appropriate for the position and situation
- Does not abuse or take advantage of personal days off, providing proper advance notification.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and organized work area
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a BS or BA in logistics related business, or similarly relevant field; or 5 years of relevant experience in lieu of.
- Mid-level MS Excel skills, including VLOOKUP and manipulation of data, demonstrated skill with ERP or MRP software and office programs.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in related position or industry.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret product descriptions, product data sheets, customer orders, order forms, invoices, pricing and discount schedules, shipping matrices, and general business periodicals.
- Ability to read and write in English to respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, vendors and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, and volume.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables in situations where only limited time or information exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to comprehend the function of the ERP System and programs.
- Utilize Windows, Microsoft Office Suite, Operating Systems sufficiently to open programs and be cognizant that a computer is operating normally, to understand the basic configuration of the company network and actual location of shared files and the process of logging onto the network.
- Work primarily performed in a standard office environment.
- If in warehouse storage areas, may be exposed to noise, smells, heat, dust, etc.
- Job is a primarily sitting position with minimal, if any, lifting, less than 10 pounds.
This position has the authority to negotiate on the company’s behalf with vendors. This does NOT include signature authority on contracts – which falls to a higher level in the organization.
- 1st shift
- Direct hire with benefits
- Salary range up to $60K
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations.
Lighthouse Professional Services works with Fortune 500 clients all over the
East Coast offering staffing services for full-time and contract assignments.