Bridgeport, United States
almost 2 years ago
Logistics Order Coordinator:
The Order Coordinator is responsible for overseeing incoming orders, ensuring appropriate paperwork is created, and communicating to the various departments to ensure appropriate scheduling and processing. The Order Coordinator will have day-to-day supervisory responsibility for all personnel responsible for the movement of orders in and out of the department.
Watch incoming orders and serve as the primary point of intersection in communications regarding each order, as noted below:
- Rush jobs – review with the Production Manager the customer request(s) and determine if/when they can be met.
- Regular jobs – review with the Production Manager any specific instructions or handling requirements, coordinate scheduling and priority of jobs to be sent to the Production floor, etc.
- Review the Router and move ticket created for an order against the Purchase Order and any other customer instructions provided.
- Check in periodically with the Production Manager to keep track of Rush jobs and/or high priority jobs and to keep the customers informed of any changes to the expected completion/delivery dates.
- Communicate with customers regarding issues of any sort with their job(s). In every instance, ensure that specific communications to/from customers are documented on a timely basis.
- Handle all incoming customer inquiries regarding order status.
- Review outgoing orders to ensure the following:
- Quality inspection of the finished parts has been completed and signed off. (This may involve random spot-checking and/or direct observation.)
- Paperwork has been received back with the outbound packages and is handled within S/R appropriately.
- Report any deficiencies and/or issues to the Order Processing Manager.