Title: Machine operator
- Plan machining by studying work orders, blueprints, engineering plans, materials and specifications.
- Configure machines by entering instructions, including zero and reference points, setting tool registers, offsets, compensation and proving part programs.
- Load machine with work pieces.
- Verify settings by measuring positions, 1st run part and sample work pieces.
- Maintain specifications by observing operations; taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; replacing worn tooling; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Meet production goals in terms of cycle time, quantity and quality.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain safe operations by keeping work area clean and organized
- Maintains equipment by completing basic preventative maintenance requirements.
- Document actions by completing required paper and/or electronic logs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Minimum High school diploma/ged required
- 5 years minimum experience