Franklin, United States
over 1 year ago
Machine Operator 1st, 2nd, 3rd Shift
- Perform set-up of production jobs.
- Support machines with set-up.
- Run machines, achieving print specifications including quality and through-put.
- Run production per schedule.
- Implement continuous improvement activities.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Work from established procedures and setups to produce parts per print and quality standards.
- Perform required daily maintenance to equipment and tools.
- Work on special projects such as new customer sales orders or research and development projects.
- Read blueprint & job order for product specs & tooling instructions, like dimensions, and tolerances
- Set specified speeds, feed rates & spacing between wheel faces.
- Position & secure at specified height.
- Start machine, move controls to adjust machine settings, and observe operation.
- Verify 1st run product for conformance to specs.
- Use measuring instruments, i.e., micrometers, calipers & pre-set gauges.
- Conduct preventative, and regular maintenance needed on the machine being used.
- Feed machine by hand, set up automatic work-feeding device.
- Direct flow of coolant over cutting area.
- Measuring work pieces to ensure correct fitting.
- Communicate to transfer and receive instructions and information as well as coordinate activities regarding the status of the operation of jobs.
- Perform 1st piece and In-process inspections.
- Simultaneous to grinding operation, perform a variety of secondary operations as required.
- Experience with operating machinery.
- Experience operating, grinding, and CNC machines.