11 months ago
For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Machine Shop Manager in Shelton, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a Machine Shop Manager your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The Machine Shop Manager role provides overall department leadership to CNC Machining supervisors and supporting machine operators, while managing the day-to-day machine shop operations for all CNC Milling (Horizontal & Vertical), CNC Turning Centers, CNC Saw Cutting and manual machining requirements
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Manage, facilitate and oversee all day-to-day CNC and Manual machining operations including 3&4 Axis CNC Milling Machines, 5-Axis CNC Turning Centers, 2-Axis CNC Lathes, CNC Saws and Manual Machines for cutting and machining of carbon steel, stainless steel, and aluminum parts while ensuring high-quality manufactured parts in a time-sensitive, low-volume, high-mix job-shop environment.
- Resolve all day-to-day machining issues negatively impacting product quality and product throughput
- Mentor and train supervisors and CNC machinists and operators with various skill levels
- Develop, implement and maintain cross-training to ensure department throughput requirements can be met
- Identify, investigate, and resolve technical issues related to CNC Programs, product setup, machine operation and product quality.
- Ensures accurate records are maintained for product work orders, including but not limited to: logging in/out of all labor operations and accurately logging good/bad part quantities per labor operation
- Minimum 3-years of supervisory experience in a CNC Machining department within a low-volume, high-mix, job-shop environment
- Strong ability to read and interpret blue prints, setup sheets, and work instructions, along with editing CNC programs at the machine control (Fanuc experience preferred) Mastercam programming experience a plus
- Ability to quickly and efficiently resolve machining issues that occur during day-to-day operations
- Current working knowledge of tooling & inserts, along with associated speeds & feeds
- Must have a strong sense of urgency; be time-sensitive and highly motivated.
- Results oriented, with the ability to manage/lead under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment, with changing priorities
- Ability to mentor and train department staff of approximately 15 machinists.
- Must have availability to work 9-10 hr weekdays and 5-hr Saturdays
- Bi-lingual a plus (English/Spanish, English/Polish)
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Location: Shelton, CT
- Salary: Depending on Experience
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org