Manchester, United States
about 2 years ago
Machine Shop Manager - Advanced Prototypes
- Oversee the day to day activates of the world class machine and plastic/metal rapid prototype departments.
- Schedule jobs/workflow by project priorities, and workloads.
- Work to ensure quality and throughput of parts which satisfy specifications, quality and delivery dates.
- Develop and support a training program to ensure all shop personnel are using the latest techniques and methods for CAD/CAM.
- Provide technical support to others with consideration to design for machining of prototype parts and for part production from any applicable process.
- Develop a world class internal injection mold design and fabrication group.
- Monitor machine maintenance, facilitate repairs and make capital equipment recommendations.
Needs for this role:
- 10 years of managing a machine shop and/or mold fabrication shop.
- CNC knowledge, programming/ editing utilizing SolidCam and other Cam packages.
- Knowledge of programming Ram and Wire EDM, a plus.
- Strong computer skills and good mechanical aptitude.
- Familiarity with machines types, such as Mazak, DMG Mori, and Haas.
- Familiarity with SolidWorks, Creo and Inventor as well as Microsoft Office Applications.