Milford, United States
10 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Staffing is a 50-year old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 14 offices, in which 6 of them are here in CT. and 5 in Mass. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a CNC Team Lead/Programmer with supervisory experience to work for one of our clients in Shelton, CT on a direct hire basis.
Programs, sets up and operates conventional, special purpose, and Computer Numerical Control (CNC) machines and machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts by performing the following duties. Have an understanding of how thermoformed molds are made and thermoformed plastic parts are formed.
Essential Function/Duties and Responsibilities
- Studies blueprints, sketches, drawings, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished work piece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Measures, marks, scribes dimensions and reference points on material or work piece as a guide for subsequent machining.
- Proficient in 2 axis thru 5 axis programming using Mastercam software, including the programming of complex mold cavity surfaces.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls or control media as required.
- Verifies conformance of finished workpiece to specifications/blueprints etc.
- Sets up and operates machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Fits and assembles parts into complete assembly.
- Verifies dimensions and alignment of assembly (i.e. mold to knife).
- Confers with engineers, production personnel, programmers or others to resolve machining assembly problems.
- Capable of modifying/altering design programming geometry in order to rectify fabrication or machinery problems.
- Capable of generating simple machine programs for 2-3 axis machining centers using machine control interface.
- Sets up and operates machine tool such as lathes, milling machines, and grinders to machine parts and verifies conformance of machined parts to specifications.
- Lifts machined parts and positions and secures parts on surface plate or work table.
- Builds and repairs molds from prints or verbal instructions.
- Computes dimensions, plans layout, determines assembly method and sequence of operations.
- Verifies dimensions, alignments and clearances.
- Uses hand tools for venting, polishing and sharpening hi-die knives.
- Makes jigs, fixtures and gauges to hold and check work.
- Knowledge of machining aluminum castings (molds).
Education and/or Experience - High school diploma, general education degree (GED), state certified Machinist or Toolmaker or minimum of 5 years experience in a machine shop. Experience and/or training on CNC machines of 2 or more years, more than 1 year experience using Mastercam software for programming of CNC.
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Milford, CT.
Salary: 1st shift, direct hire with benefits. Salary depending on experience.
Lighthouse Professional Services works with Fortune 500 clients all over the
East Coast offering staffing services for full-time and contract assignments.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations.