North Haven, United States
5 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manual Tool Maker in North Haven, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) Manual Tool Maker your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The Manual Tool Maker works independently to set up and ensure the operation of machines and related equipment to produce quality products.
- Plan, layout, construct, alter and restore a wide variety of complex tools such as transfer/progressive dies, punches, jigs, fixtures, pins, gauges, and including complete press and automated assembly tooling
- Follows specifications, engineering blueprints, tool orders, and shop data in order to confer with engineering to resolve design problems as they relate to dimensional tolerances, service requirements, manufacturing procedures, and cost.
- Requires knowledge of equipment such as Lathes, milling machines, all types of grinding machines, power saws, honing machines, jig boring, hydraulic, and manual arbor and other types of presses and all other tool room equipment.
- Use multiple precision measuring instruments.
- Diagnose and repair a variety of issues: complicated tools, gears, pulleys, sensors, etc.
- Should be able to run all manual equipment.
- Lay out work and perform most difficult and exacting bench and machine operations to construct, fit and assemble highly complicated eyelet tools, dies and gauges
- Plans and performs a sequence of tool room machine operations where recognized methods are available on work involving close tolerances and fits requiring judgment to make general decisions on quality, tolerances, etc.
- Setup and solve complex production tooling and component quality issues at the press
- Repairs and replaces production tooling when needed
- Skilled bench work, fitting, assembling, adjusting, and repairing of production equipment and tooling.
- Other duties as assigned
Job Requirements & Education/Experience:
Journeyman License Preferred
5 years direct hands-on work experience in the Manufacturing industry.
Strong mechanical knowledge
Able to read blueprints
Ability to handle all aspects from print to production
Ability to prioritize work is essential
Duration: Direct hire.
Location: North Haven, CT.
Salary: $30-35hr -Depending on Skills & Experience
Benefits: Full Benefits
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.