Windsor, United States
about 2 months ago
Lighthouse Professional Services, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions group of companies, has been providing contract and direct hire talent to client companies, ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 corporations for over 50 years. Our offices are in New York, Connecticut, and Massachusetts, and we work with clients across the country. Our management and recruiting teams are led by experienced industry professionals. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Manufacturing Associates in East Granby, CT.
As a (an) Manufacturing Associates your day-to-day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
We have a client who is looking to hire 5-10 contractors a week and train them on Aerospace processes. These processes include, shot peen, heat treat, plasma spraying and masking, and cleanline technician work. As the contractor learn new areas they will be getting a $1 pay raise as they learn new skills.
This is a training role on 1st shift and then would be converting to 2nd shift.
- Operates equipment such as a sandblast machine, wheelabrator, degreaser, and tumbling barrels in order to clean or deburr the surfaces or edges of equipment within the cell and performs all duties, including anchor operations, as necessary in the processing of cell parts.
- Operates the continuous tempering furnace.
- Performs the necessary duties for applying various finishes by dipping, and spraying.
- Operates drying equipment.
- Interpret work orders, engine manuals, and blueprints to determine information such as type of operations, and sequence of operations required.
- Perform a variety of duties to plan, set up, mask, and spray parts to meet production requirements. Mask and/or grit blast part to prepare for coating. Use judgment in determining proper flow and speed of spray for the best results and compliance with all specifications.
- Work with Engineering to develop programs, determine new methods, develop parameters, and determine material type for new or modified products. Provide direction to other workers where modifications and adjustments are required to meet specifications and ensure quality treatment.
- Perform other duties as necessary to ensure production of parts to specification to include maintaining records.
- Perform Water Jet Strip, and plasma/masking and/or heat treating.
- Chemically clean aircraft parts as well as cross train to learn and perform additional functions.
- Work independently to produce the highest level of quality and productivity against established standards.
- Work constructively with Engineering, participate in company meetings, and make effective recommendations towards improvements in processes and overall productivity.
- Remove paint and coatings.
- Work from established practices and overhaul manual instructions and procedures to perform a variety of duties to prepare parts for subsequent operations.
- Verify part tags against part numbers upon receipt of parts; review of work scope, manual and SPOP specifications for correct process and solutions; and, selection of proper fixtures for processing.
- Hand clean small parts as required. Request assistance regarding processes or cleaning difficult materials and parts. Use protective gloves, masks, shields, and coats.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Pulling, packing, loading.
- Ability to multitask and adjust to meet internal/external customer's needs.
- Forklift experience preferred.
- High school degree/GED required.
- Duration: Direct hire.
- Location: East Granby, CT.
- 1st shift and 2nd shift openings.
- Benefits: yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!